Sunday, December 27, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Friday, October 30, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
- bye bye (finally! after 6 months of constant "hi!" she now has a different conversation closer!)
- no (sad times!)
- belly button
- apart (although it sounds exactly like open, so who knows)
- nose (I may have already reported this one because she's been doing it for quite a while, but she LOVES to point out where your nose is. She's kind of obsessed.)
- she goes "shhh" with her finger to her lips when she sees a baby, in addition to signing and saying baby.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
- hi (of course)
- hola (no kidding, it's so cute!)
- whazat (what's that)
- all done
- uh oh
- animal noises: monkey, elephant, chicken, bird, dog, cow, pig
- plus and endless string of nonsense that makes sense only to her
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Monday, August 31, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
I am so amazed that this time last year I was sitting in a hospital room meeting Claire for the first time. Throughout these last 12 months our lives have been filled with friends and family. Claire's life has been rich with love from so many wonderful people caring for our family. During Claire's party we had an opportunity to allow others to pray for her. The prayers offered up for her future life, her friends, her decisions, and the ways she would change the world for the Lord touched me deeply. The world is spread out before you my love, and you will never walk through it alone.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
Saturday, July 11, 2009
- Signs she now does consistently: please (all the time for everything), thank you, more, flower, all done, eat, doggie, bird, airplane, mom/dad (they look the same still)
- She says hi all the time to everyone and everything
- She says mama and dada for the correct person
- If you ask her what sound a monkey makes, she says "oh oh oh"
- When she sees something interesting (which is everything) she points and says "ooooohh"
- She talks on the phone, or anything shaped remotely like a phone
- She requests items and actions by pointing and signing please
- She dances to anything musical, whether it's Kevin whistling or a car alarm
- She imitates any noise you make. She loves to roar like a lion and mimic people laughing
- She blows kisses
- She gives kisses to anyone without facial hair, most of the time closed mouth puckers now
- She likes to kiss her baby and stuffed animals
- She jargons like crazy
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Tonight Claire mastered standing up completely on her own without anything to pull herself up. She will crawl a little, then stop and stand up. We cheer for her every time, and it makes her laugh and do it again! She can stand for quite a length of time, and even hold things or clap for herself while she stands! I think she'll be taking steps within the next few days... if not tonight! She must have just needed to officially pass the 10 month mark to find her confidence! haha!
Friday, June 26, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
- She has her two bottom teeth, and from the state of her attitude lately, may be working on the tops ones!
- She loves to walk while you hold her hands now, and cruises around the furniture.
- She says "haaai! (hi) to everyone we meet during our walks.
- She loves to spontaneously give kisses, especially to Daddy. They are always open-mouth!
- She dances any time she hears music
- She signs all done, more, milk, doggie, and bird (although a lot of these look the same!)
- She loves to swim, and struggles to get out of my hold and do it herself. She can propel herself under water with a very strong frog kick if I let go, but can't hold her breath for any length of time, and has no idea how to come up for air (so I almost never let her go because the result is lungs full of water. But even that doesn't slow her down!)
- If you let her go while she is standing up, she can balance enough to squat down to the ground before falling back to her butt.
- She can now climb down the living room step without falling on her head.
- She knows there are places she is not suppose to play--like the fireplace-- and sometimes climbs on it and says "ah ah ah" mimicking my warning. It's nice to have a baby that tells on herself, makes it much easier to keep tabs on her!
- She likes to eat the dirt out of the house plant. Terrible!
- She has quite the little attitude these days! She has this angry scream that she does when she is irritated... drives me crazy!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Sunday, May 24, 2009
- She has 2 signs! She says "all done" when she is finished eating and yesterday she heard a bird outside and signed "bird!" The "all done" I'm pretty sure is intentional. I have only seen her do "bird" a few times but I was so excited, I decided to count it anyhow!
- She points now. It's not super consistent, but she does do it. She mostly points to photos, and to dogs she sees in the street. By the way, she LOVES dogs! She gets so excited any time she sees one, and will start shouting and pointing and scrambling to get to it. She's so intense, she actually scares off many of her doggie play partners.
- She plays games. She will crawl over to the step and look back at Kevin, smile and wait. When he runs over the chase her, she starts to scramble up the step as fast as she can, then when he catches her, she squeals and laughs.
- When she crawls over to a place she knows she's not supposed to play, like the fireplace, she looks back at us and says "ah ah ah" and waits for us to come get her.
- She can make clicking noises with her tongue.
- She will imitate your vocal noises. She matches pitch and intonation too. If I say dah DAH dah, she will say it back exactly the same. She will also mimic gestures.