Monday, January 26, 2009

End of an era...

I'm so sad to say that school starts tomorrow for me. I have mixed feeling about going back. In one sense, I'm excited to get back to seeing clients and learning more therapy techniques. (For those of you who don't know, I'm almost finished with my MA to become a Speech-Language Pathologist.) I have really loved my program so far. It's challenging and fascinating. I really believe this is a job I will enjoy and be good at. 

Initially, we were planning to start our family once I completed my course work and first clinical fellowship year. But, little did we know, the Lord had different plans for our lives! I have loved staying home and spending all my time with Claire! Now that I have transitioned from student to mother, I don't know how to go back. It feels like I have left that old life behind, and going back to school is like stepping into a past self. First I was just a student. Now I have been just a mother. To do both seems daunting! 

If I'm being completely honest, I think I am just lamenting the loss of any down time I have had. I have been so blessed to have a baby that sleeps a lot. This has allowed me to do things like rest a lot, keep this blog current, slack on the house work, etc. In the early months this was absolutely necessary as I healed and adjusted. Now, I know it's time to move forward, but I don't want to! haha! Please pray for our family: That I will be a good manager of my time. That Kevin will be able to adjust to his new early work schedule so he can be home to be with Claire while I go to school. That Claire will start taking bottles better. That Kevin and I will still have time to connect with each other. That Claire and Kevin's time together will be special. 

Thanks in advance for all your support!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe 5 months has gone by already! How did your first week back go? I will keep you in my prayers. I can't imagine how difficult the adjustment can be but you are super-mom do no worries :)

    ReplyDelete