Monday, February 23, 2009

Snow and Sickness

This weekend we went to Big Bear and Claire got to experience her first snow. I know some great photos got taken of her all bundled up, but I do not have them. She had a great time, until Saturday night. She would not go to sleep and cried and cried. I thought she was just having one of those nights, until the morning when her whole face was crusted with snot and she was coughing, sneezing, and throwing up! Poor baby! I think the cold dry mountain air just made it worse. At about 3 am I took her into the bathroom, turned the shower on super hot, and sat with her in the steam for about 10 minutes. That seemed to help a little. Now that we're home and it's not so dry she is a bit better. She is sleeping more, but when she woke up at 1 this morning I think she had a fever. She went back to sleep right after I nursed her though, so I didn't try and give her tylenol. She's trying to nap right now, but can't really breathe through her nose, which is making it hard for her to suck her thumb. I just wish I could make her feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment