Friday, April 24, 2009

Message From the Front Lines

RE: Nap Strike
From: Organizer and sole member of BRAT (babies rallying against tiredness): Claire Bringard

Day Five: It's getting grim out here. I don't know how much longer I can hold out. The opposition is relentless. I have had to alter my tactics several times. The hour and a half of playing in the crib instead of sleeping was getting me nowhere. Yesterday I was forced to institute constant screaming all evening. I threw in a nursing strike for good measure, but gained no ground. Today, in addition to the nursing strike, I made the decision to escalate my efforts to the morning as well as afternoon nap. It's beginning to have an effect. I can see it in her eyes. The sparkle has gone out and been replaced with a wild look. She hasn't showered in 48 hours. And yet, somehow she remains steadfast. Soon, I fear I will have to declare my intentions or abandon my cause. I have been so caught up in the struggle that I have forgotten why I established BRAT in the first place. Why, oh why is life so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment