Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankfulness

Last night was our Life Group Thanksgiving dinner. Claire did extremely well all night. She got passed around and got to spend some quality time with everyone. And she even participated in the send-off prayer for Ellen and Meghan by adding her own words (more like chirps!)



She was dressed for the party. We ended up exchanging the pants for some tights because they kept falling off.

Then, this morning it was time for another Dr. apt. She is 11 lbs, 4 oz (with her diaper on). The Dr. said she is doing very well. She got 2 shots. She did great for the first part of the day. But around noon she started fussing. She hadn't had a nap at all yet. I finally got her to go to sleep like this:



It didn't last long though! Poor thing, she must have felt really bad. By 2:00 she was screaming terribly.The swing nap only lasted 20 minutes. I have never seen her so upset! She was actually gaging she was screaming so hard. She finally fell asleep with me hugging her very tightly and pressing my face against her cheek while I breathed very deeply and slowly. That was at 3:00. It's 6:00 now and she's still asleep. Her next apt is scheduled for Dec. 23... the day before we get on a plane to fly to my parents house. I'm thinking that needs to be rescheduled!

No comments:

Post a Comment